I had every intention of participating in my first Kid’s Clothes Week but unfortunately normal life, namely looking for a day job, got in the way. When is someone going to pay me to sew?!

Anyways, one of my projects was to make Buggy a lace-trimmed blouse out of some leftover floral animal fabric from my stash that I absolutely love love. I decided to pair the top with some of Dana’s awesome shorts. This time with bias binding pockets.


For the blouse I used this lovely tutorial by ‘it’s always autumn’. I used the calculations recommended but ended up with a ginormous top in width! So I had to do some quick alterations to make it look like a size 3 rather than size 14! All the while ensuring that hopefully it fits for next summer as we draw near to the end of this season.


I have a new infatuation with bias binding and how neatly it completes all edges! Used in the blouse as well as the shorts.


Dana’s shorts pattern continues to be so easy and effective, with the addition of bias binding pockets making them slightly retro. I tried a lemon trim to contrast with the navy and although they look a bit boyish they will be great for messy play at preschool and will work for the Hamster one day.


This was the perfect outfit to practice cycling daddy’s huge old tricycle that grandpa found in the shed when they moved house recently.


I have a skerrick more of this beautiful material, I wonder what else I can squeeze out of it!